Wednesday, October 29, 2008

those damn believers in a better tomorrow

photography Pictures, Images and Photos



so when i recieved my latest issue of AP magazine along with the bill my mom decided that before she was going to pay one cent she had to read my magazine to see if its "acceptable for little girls to read". hah. joy. so today i reminded her that she still hasnt read it and paid the bill so i run and fetch it for her without thinking there would be a problem. so i come back a while later to find her and my dad looking at it weirdly and discussing in sharp tones about society going down the toilet. oh dear god.

i really dont understand what their deal is. yeah there are a few scetchy things and hardcore scary stuff that could make parents a little worried but its no big deal because thats not the stuff i like. i like to find new favorite bands to add to my long list and figure out the next chance i can get to see them live. but my parents seem to see it as corruption.

while music does have a large influence on a person it doesnt exactly change who they are. if i listen to thrash metal i wont turn into some emo kid. if i listen to rap i wont turn african american. if i listen to country i wont turn into a cowgirl. you catch my drift. it might change how creative i am or how deep i look into things. but those are good things. when i listen to some of my music i feel inspired and ready to change the world. i dont understand how that is a bad thing.

how do they have any room to talk? what about all the music that they listened to as teenagers? its not exactly clean cut. some of my dads stuff is just plain scary. i dont even know about my mom. when she opened my magazine she just said "these dont look very christian." just let me ask you. WHO CARES? just because i listen to non christian bands doesnt mean im going to convert to some satanic religion. when i pointed this out my dad just went into a rant (he likes those and does it frequently) about how i "shouldnt be listening to all this alternative shit and getting these bad ideas in my head from it". REDICULOUS TO SAY THE LEAST.


yeah when my sister started listening to rap they didnt blink an eye. she got into the hardcore screamo stuff. brushed it off. a heavier more degrading rap? eh its just a phase. but when i listen to stuff that talks about how we should work to change the world and find love and not give in to society they flip out. why is this? oh i know.
theyve never really liked me.


do other people have parents as thickheaded as mine? i doubt it. share stories? do tell. do tell.


will you like me even though they dont?
i hope so.


i love you

ashleyy

0 quips: