Sunday, August 10, 2008

falling rain and clean-cut grass

Today there was a quick downpour of rain. then suddenly it was all cleared and i had an incredible urge to ride my bike. it was one of the most refreshing bikerides ive ever taken.

i just love the irresistable smell of the air after it rains. everything smells fresh and sweet. as i rode down the trail to my bridge, i noticed how much greener and more colorful everything looked. it was like the reain rinsed away the dust and pollon that was covering the beauty underneath. everything seemed fresh and new. maybe thats what my life needs.

i already have had my sin rinsed away by God. so thats not what i mean here. i just think i need a new start. get all of these troubles and things out of my mind. i want to start with a clean slate and let what happens to me happen. brush off the things that cause me pain and focus on the things that bring me joy. im going to look deeper into life and figure out what the deal is. im going to try and be more optimistic.

lets see how this new way of thinking works out.

i heart you
ashleyy

2 quips:

Janna said...

You're so amazing, Ashley. I love you!

Anonymous said...

I love rain because it makes everything so vulnerable and innocent again. It's the growth of nature. And you want to turn a new leaf. I really want to do that too. Thanks for commenting; keep in touch!